The Blackmagic Design OpenGear SDI Distribution Converter is a converter in the form of a rack mount card that’s compatible with the 20-slot 2RU OpenGear racks. It sits on two slots and can share the rack with converters made by different manufacturers. It is hot-swappable and so can be pulled out of the rack at any moment without the prerequisite of the rack first being powered off.
The SDI distribution converter, referred to also as an SDI DA, with “DA” short for “distribution amplifier”, takes one SDI input and automatically distributes up to 9 SDI outputs, with up to 3Gbps supported on both the in and outs. The converter inputs and outputs video and 16 channels of embedded audio.
The converter features re-clocking distribution, re-clocking the incoming signal so the output can run at the full 300′ that SDI has capacity for. The cables required are 75 ohm SDI cables, which are not included.
Aside from traditional data formats, the SDI DA accepts the ASI format and can thus transfer compressed, and it also accepts ancillary data such as timecode, closed captioning, and other data that’s outside of the visible raster.
* OpenGear-compatible rack mount card SDI converter.
* Supports one SDI input and automatically distributes up to 9 SD/HD/2K/3G-SDI outputs.
* Inputs and outputs 16 channels of embedded audio.
* Sits on 2 slots of 20-slot 2RU frames and is hot-swappable.
* Can work in the same rack as converters made by different manufacturers.
* Re-clocks distribution to output at full 300′ SDI capacity.
* Accepts ASI format and supports ancillary data.
|Blackmagic Design OpenGear Specs
|SDI: Switchable between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI
|SDI: 9 outputs automatically match the SDI video input
|Optical Fiber Compatibility
|Video: None Audio: None
|SDI Redundant Input
|Auto detection of HD or standard definition inputs
|Updates and Configuration
|NTSC, PAL, 720p, 1080i, 1080PsF, 1080p, 2K p and 2K PsF
|SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M
|Video Bit Rate
|SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition
|4:2:2 and 4:4:4
|Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit
|4:2:2 and 4:4:4
|YUV and RGB
|Automatically selects between SD SDI, HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI
|Analog Format Support
|HDMI Format Support
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|15.85 x 3.55 x 1.4"
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.